Friday, December 22, 2006

Back home


Lost. Been so long since I’ve posted that I feel like this little lost puppy. She showed up outside my study door in the late afternoon. She was all dressed up for Christmas; she had to belong to someone, but she surely wanted to stay at our house.
The next morning, the puppy was at the door. Bob made a sign to let passersby know we had a lost puppy. With the help of a friend she was now temporarily named Noel. No owner called but the newspaper publisher did. He asked for a picture—Noel made the front page of the webpage. We took her to the Animal Shelter (with the proviso that we’d find her a home if the owner didn’t appear). The owner did. Noel is home for Christmas.
And I am glad to be back here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Noel, I mean Princess!!!!

BTW, somehow she got out today (have no idea how, but lots going on this afternoon) and ended up at the Metcalfs! This time she was like a stinky dog and NO PRINCESS would smell like that.