Sunday, December 11, 2005

One week later

A week has flashed by since my first posting. I'm in England with the lovely Daria (now generally known as Dasha) and her family. All are thriving.

I landed Wednesday morning (1 a.m. in Bainbridge) to chilly weather and a warm welcome! I saw Patrick emerge from the tunnel to the car park, a welcome sight. Then I saw more. Irina pushing a pram. Dasha had come to greet her Bobba (me). She had her first breakfast out in the Costa Coffee Shop just down the way. Think she'll grow up to be a world traveller? With her dual citizenship, who can doubt it?

She is charming. Soon I will learn to post pictures and share the charm. She's 10 days today and it's been an exciting time for her and for me. We soloed together while her strong mommy went to the grocery. Yesterday we all "went to the shops" (visited the mall--many stores the same-Gap, Pizza Hut and Marks and Spencer instead of Macy's) in Blasingstoke. I bought her a bouncy chair for an early Christmas present. Today we went to a nearby outdoor market for fresh air and fresh fruit.

More adventures to come. What a joy to be a part of this lovely and loving family!

No comments: