Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Winter Bloomer


South Georgia winters are mild, but usually cold enough to put the summer flowers down for a nap. This morning as we pulled out of the drive, a raggle-taggle daisy waved at me from the front flower bed.
It takes more than a few frosts to keep a daisy down! No wonder it's my favorite flower. Perfect for today, too.
I haven't posted lately. Yesterday I posted a comment to my friend Cathy, and then again this morning to Susan Albert's Lifescapes. I thought to myself that it's funny I have time and thoughts for comments but not to post to my own blog.
Susan commented that one of the benefits of blogging is that we learn new skills and keep our edges sharp. Reason enough!
Like my daisy--I'm back. Back with the resolution to post at least two times a week. Once in the distant past, I wrote to my mother twice a week. Decades later I have a precious life record. No reason not to do it again.
Next I learn to post a picture.
Would you look at that? I just did!

No comments: