Monday, September 11, 2006

Ahh! Success


Ahhh! This time it worked. I've posted the pictures I couldn't get up on Friday. The cluttered bed shows the chaos I got into when I decided to clean the closet and take all my usable extras to the Swap-o-rama in Tallahassee. It was worth the mess and effort. I brought my big box, plus some garments on hangers just as others were arriving. We sorted the clothes--tops, pants, dresses, etc. In a big adjacent room, volunteers had lined up sewing machines, cutting tables and craft centers. It was wonderful. I dropped by at the end of the day, almost all of the clothes had gone to a new home. It was great to wake up on Sunday morning thinking about some of my old friends going to church or out to lunch all spiffed with their new owners. Check the links in my last post if you want to learn more about this super concept of helping each other.

The woodpecker is a frequent guest just outside my kitchen door. Right now the salvia and bottlebrush are loaded with hummingbirds filling up for their trips south. It's great to be outside right now!

No comments: