Sunday, November 28, 2010

Ginger the Magnificent


It’s the week to be thankful. I’m giving it a try.

Three years ago Thanksgiving Day, I got soft hearted and fed the feral cat that had been hanging around for almost a year. He’d put up with a diet of squirrel (I found the leavings) and Bob taking shots, never hitting him, with the BB gun. He wouldn’t go away. He wanted to be our cat. (You can read about him in some of this blogs "Gentling Ginger" but beware the dates are messed up; he came to us in 2007.)

One little pile of cat food. A “here Kittie, Kittie, Kittie,” and now who’s First Cat (and only cat—Dollie moved in with Bainbridge friends and lives the life of luxury) around here?

King Ginger! Ginger the Magnificent!

And I’m mighty thankful for that tenderhearted moment! I think Ginger is as well!

1 comment:

Linda Hicks said...

There are several feral cats around here, but since I am always with my dog, I can't get them to follow me home. Or is it cats sidle up to those who don't like them and ignore needy souls who love them like myself. Glad to see a regal photo of Ginger the Magnificent. Signed, Thankful for all animals and especially Farley who was so well behaved in the Big Apple on his Thanksgiving trip.